Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Youtube Tutorial Tuesday: Cartoon

Hey everyone

This Tuesday's video is again from Luxurious Nails. Last week she posted her cartoon nails. I have done them already and followed a different tutorial (I just haven't posted them yet).Which one did I like better read on to find out!


How cute is her voice? I'm from Kentucky myself and love hearing someone else's twang. Honestly I am not good at the whole "rimming" design. Can we also think of a new way to describe this design, rimming kind of skeeves me out. 


I think they turned out good. My lines were way too thick. I need a new striper bottle, mine is near it's end. I can always tell because they get so goopy. My preferred method is like a ruffian. You start off with a black nail and cover it with the color of choice leaving an edge. The only reason I prefer it is because of the awful job I do when tracing the edge of my nails. But the other method leaves you with limited color choices so I'll probably be using this method more once I get a new striper.

I posted these on Instagram and tagged Zoya since I used Katy for the pink polish. They commented on my nails and told me they were cute. It made my entire day!

Here's the my nails using the other method (the ruffian).


The polish featured here is Zoya's Pheobe. I loved the matte shimmer, but I had to put a top coat on it so it wouldn't chip. 

Did you attempt this tutorial? Send me your links below and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment