Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ACNC Day 8: Starry Night

Hey everyone

Day 8 was Starry Night and it was easily the one I was most excited about doing. Way back when I attempted a Starry Night mani and once I realized how tough it was I only did it on my thumb and then quickly removed them because I didn't like it. Fast forward 2 years and I'd never attempted it again. I love the painting and new this would be the time to retry and earn my title back as a nail artist. Freelance of course but who's getting technical? 





I started off with a base of Orly's Sweet Peacock. Then used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for the swirl. I accented the swirl using OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Orly's Mysterious Curse. I used Essence Be Your Sunshine for the stars. I did a tip with my Art Deco Brush and added a top coat. The other nails I used Blue Away and Milani's 3D Holographic in Cyberspace for give it that extra shine. I was so pleased with this manicure. Sadly it was my day off so I didn't get to show it off like I wanted. I do have plans to redo the design on nails for sale in my Etsy shop, so be on the look for those soon!

And just for fun here's 2 years ago's design. Hope you're as pleased with my progress as I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment