Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ACNC Day 12: Family

Hey everyone

I'm actually posting on the correct day! I told you I'd get caught up eventually. I felt a little better so I decided to try drawing my day 12 challenge. I was originally going to do rings because it's my Dad and Step Mom's anniversary. But it's not the 5th day of Christmas so I decided not to. I decided to do nails supporting one of my favorite TV families. THE FLINTSTONES! I love the Flintstones, I used to watch them all the time when I was a kid. And I even liked the movies, strange I know. I wasn't sure what to do for the nails so I surfed the web and came across someone who did Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, and Dino. I knew that's exactly what I wanted to do. Most Flintstone nails are only of Fred and his shirt. I knew I  had to try to do everyone for it to be "Family Nails". So I recreated Lisa-Nails' design which is featured here.



I knew I was going to have a hard time lining the design so I took a page from Lisa's book and used a marker. She mentioned her smeared so I waited a while before lining mine. It sadly still smeared once I put a top coat on. So I only ended up putting it on Fred and Betty. So I probably should cut down a brush so I can use it as a liner for my cartoon designs. I didn't use a whole lot of polish for these. But I did use some.

Dino: Zoya in Charisma, Milani One Coat Glitter in Gold Glitz, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away

Fred: Zoya in Paz, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away

Wilma: OPI in My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Betty: OPI in My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away

Barney: Orly in Buried Alive

They all have a base of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Beige Blast and either a marker as the outline or an Art Deco Long Brush in black.

I hope you guys enjoyed them and I hope I did Lisa-Nails justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment