Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ACNC Day 10: Lights

Hey everyone

Day 10 was a fun nail night for me. I ended up using 2 different brushes and a ton of nail polish to completely this design. Day 10 was lights. Sounds simple right? Not quite. I thought I'd complicate it by drawing the Grinch as well. I haven't really done a lot of drawing simply because I'm a terrible drawer. When I was a kid I wanted to be an artist, I just didn't realize that you had to have an artistic ability. I guess I have fulfilled my childhood dream of being an artist though, just on teeny tiny canvases. :)

So I started out by drawing my grinch out on my nail, I had to redo it twice. So after that I decided to use PackAPunchPolish's Nail Art Doodle Sheets. If you haven't check them out please do so here. She created these sheets for drawing up to 55 nail designs a page on. My printer went haywire and blew them up so I had a bit of a hard time drawing on them, but to no fault of PackAPunchPolish. It was all my damn printer's fault. Anyway here's my drawing:


I don't know if you can tell but I totally drew it out with a pink pen first and then colored it in with nail polish. I'm not sure why I thought that would translate well, but in the end it worked. My nails are quite tiny so I ended up not making the hat, plus it looked a little lame. 


Here's the final product! I loved my nails, I thought they were adorable. Took me forever to do them, but it was totally worth it. 


Here's a lovely instagram photo of all of my supplies I used. 

  1. Wet & Wild Megalast In Wet Cement
  2. OPI in My Boyfriend Scales Walls (it's under)
  3. Julep in Leah
  4. Essence Colour & Go in Be Your Sunshine
  5. Essense Colour & Go in Glamorous Life
  6. Art Deco Long Brush in Black
  7. Pure Ice in Silver Mercedes
  8. Pure Ice in Hot Tamale
  9. Essence Colour & Go in Trust in Fashion
  10. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away
  11. 2 Bundle Monster Nail Art Brushes
  12. Bundle Monster Dotter
  13. Chip Ahoy Cookie Lid
  14. Paper Towels 
  15. Onyx Profession 100% Pure Acetone (not pictured)
  16. Q-Tip Precision Tip Q-Tips (not pictured) 

Wow! That was a lot for a manicure that I only wore for 1 day. Makes me sad thinking about it. But this won't be the last you see of the Grinch. I have plans to use him again in a mani coming up. Also feel free to follow me on Instagram @Tara825c. Be aware though, I post a lot of pictures of my son as well. He's too cute not to. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment