Monday, July 9, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do!

Hey everyone!


Today I have a Monkey See Monkey Do Monday Mani for you! I'm super excited to copy SincerelyStephanieNails



She did a fantastic dotted mani that I loved. There was a slight issue though, I under estimated the size of my dotter and made them too big so I couldn't exactly copy. Which is good, I was able to make the mani my own. :D


I started off with 2 coats of Zoya's Veruschka which is one of my favorite mattes ever.



It seriously has one of the best shimmers I've ever seen. It looks just as good with a top coat! 


But this mani needed to stay matte so I didn't put a topcoat on it this time, maybe next time. :) I then used Zoya's Apple & Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's Mint Sorbet to achieve the dots. 


So yeah, it's not exactly like hers. Kind of not at all. LOL oops. The colors are similar, they both have dots, and they sort of follow a V pattern. Here's Stephanie's for reference.

http://www.sincerelystephanienails.com/2012/05/dotting-tool-green-dotting-machine.html

Aren't they beautiful?! I've got to retry them asap with a smaller dotter. I hope you all enjoyed my first attempt at MSMD Mondays. 

2 comments: