Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dark Shadows by Orly

Hey everyone!

Today I have 2 polishes from the Dark Shadows collection by Orly. I went to my local Sally's Beauty and they had these in a display already reduced to $3.99 and then anything red tagged like these polishes were also marked an additional half off. So I bought these and a polish from the Hunger Games which I'll show later.

The first polish I have to show you is Decades of Dysfunction. I wanted this polish because it's a pretty white/nude cream.


Sadly this color was only a reproduction of Pure Porcelain. But lucky for me, I never owned Pure Porcelain! And for the price I couldn't resist. I really love this color, even if it does give me a bit of lobster hands. It's perfect for those days that you want to wear a soft polish, but not go stark white.


This was 2 coats. It's streaky for some reason on my thumb in pictures, it wasn't streaky in person. I really do like this polish, it's so pretty.

Next for you we have Mysterious Curse.


I don't know what is is about purple Orly polishes. I do not care for this one. This was the one I was most interested in! The purple is a streaky mess this is 2 coats and you could still see nail underneath. I want to try it over a purple or black cream, then I may like it more. The blue flash is pretty and it's a constant flash instead of a "certain lighting" flash. I hate when I get a bottle and see all these colors and don't get them on the nail. 


This polish is also a reproduction of their polish called Royal Velvet. But again, I don't own the original so I'm happy to have this one, it's just not my favorite. I'll have to try this over a black or something and get back to you on if I liked it more. If not, this may be a giveaway polish. 

All in all I was only interested in these 2 from the collection and it was a hit and a miss. I have bad luck with purples made my Orly, I hated Fowl Play. And while I don't hate Mysterious Curse, I don't love it either. It's a shame when companies create polishes for movies and all they do is rename a previous color. That's just laziness in my opinion. If you have a suggestion for a polish for me to check out let me know. Or if you have a suggestion on how to make Mysterious Curse work for me, give me a shout in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment