Thursday, July 5, 2012

Julep Intro Box

Hey everyone!

I know I'm so behind. I've had my box for over a month and still haven't reviewed it, for shame! I'm so excited to finally be a Julep Maven. I've heard about Julep before and loved the shape of the bottles. So when they had their penny sale I totally jumped on board. I took my style quiz and turns out I'm an American Beauty! Makes me feel pretty. In my box I had to bottles of polish, Eva & Renee, as well as a tube of pedicure cream.



I first swatched Eva.


This polish is so pretty and so strange at the same time. It's a bright pink almost red-ish looking pink in the bottle. But as you can see it's a bright pink almost purple-ish looking pink on the nail. I love it. I honestly can say that while I have over 250 bottles of polish, I don't own anything like this. 


It also doesn't dry matte. Bright polishes and neons tend to have matte finishes which drives me crazy, but you can always slap a top coat on there. With this polish it's not needed. 

Next we have Renee. Now I have some lilac colors already. But this one again, unlike my other polishes. I don't know how Julep does it. 


It has this dusty purple look to it that I just love. It's not a bright pastel at all. And I've had enough of those. While I love Eva, this was my favorite of the two. It's just beautiful.


I also love how shiny it is. There's not a top coat on this, that's it's natural shine. It also covers completely in 2 coats. 

I have yet to try the pedicure cream, I've got a thing with feet. I barely do my toes. I'll try to suck it up soon and do my feet for you guys so I can give a review of their pedi cream. 

All in all my expectations were low simply because they were giving their stuff away for a penny. But after trying out the polish which retails for $14 a bottle, I'm hooked. I've just received my July box and can't wait to use my polish. 

Do you want in on some of the action? Become a Julep Maven like me by using my link <<here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment