Monday, July 15, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot Collection

Hey everyone

Today I have an entire collection to review for you. It's really bad when I find an entire collection for a nice price, because then instead of getting 1-2 new polishes I get 5-8 in one sitting. I'm running out of room! I found these at my local Walmart. Funny enough they had the promotional display for this collection up before they actually had the product. Talk about a tease!

First off I have my least favorite.



This is Blue Marks The Spot. This is 2 swatches and you can see how thin it is. The first swatch is basically blue tinted water. The thing is this polish is really nice, but I don't want all of those coats just to make it look like the bottle. 


It wouldn't even be that big of a deal but the rest of the collection is wonderful and very opaque which is why I don't understand this one. 

Next we have Dotty. This is the orange based polish.


I'm not even a fan of orange polish and I really like this one. It's a perfect pumpkin shade of orange.


I'm definetly using this as the glitter accent for a Halloween mani. This is also 2 coats. There's isn't really a lot of building needed either. If you do it thick enough you could get away with 1 coat. I just wanted more glitter. 

Next we have the clear based polish, Clearly Dotted.


This is 1 coat. Look at all that glittery goodness. I wish all of the polish had this much glitter in it. I also love that it doesn't have bar glitter. Long bar glitter drives me crazy because it seems like you can never get it to all lay down. 


I cannot get over how great this polish is. It completely reminds me of Oreo ice cream. If you aren't going to get the others of the collection I recommend this one for certain.

Next we have Drops of Jade, the green based polish.


This is my second favorite of the collection. It only needed 2 coats to cover up patches and add more glitter. What an amazing green. I love the shade so much.


There's a little bit of VNL (visable nail line) but it's not in person. I wasn't origianlly going to pick this one up just because it wasn't a lighter green (I was hoping for more of a mint chocolate chip kind of thing), but I would have completely regretted if it I hadn't.

Lastly we have Pretty in Polka. The pink based polish.


This is my absolute favorite polish. I could not get over how pretty this is. It looks so dark in the bottle like a purple almost, but it's so pink and girly. 


It's also so bright, I wasn't expecting it to be this bright. The entire collection is kind of an the darker less bright side, so I was expecting the same here. 

Overall this collection is great. Everyone polish with a color base is like a jelly sandwich in the bottle. And with the clear base you can make your own out of the colors they skipped. If you're into black and white glitter this is the collection for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment