Sunday, July 7, 2013

July's Add Ons and the Secret Store

Hey everyone

As promised I have the Add Ons and my purchases from the Secret Store. Julep allows you 3 add ons every month when you purchase a box. The best part about the add ons is that you get them for a lower price then what they are listed normally. Add on polishes are only $4.99 and they usually have specials that aren't included in the boxes. My add ons were all specials not included in the boxes.

First we have Adele over Cassie.


Adele is a shimmer/flakey top coat. It's primarily a copper color, but it does flash blue and gold every once in a while. It's completely unique and I love it. The formula is great and the above photo is only 1 coat. This polish is perfect for taking your day polish to glitzy night polish. 

Next we have a 4th of July themed polish called Fireworks. If you remember last year they had America the Beautiful and mine was a super clumpy thick polish. Firework is nothing like it


This polish needs some undies but I wanted to see if it could build up like America the Beautiful. This is 2 coats. The formula is great. There's a perfect amount of glitter in each swatch. It mainly has red and blue glitter with a little bit of silver glitter in a large and small size. 

Lastly I have Something Blue to show you. This is part of their wedding themed polishes. 


Look how beautiful and bright it is! It's such a lovely blue. I can see myself using it for any mani that needs a baby blue. 


The formula is also fantastic as well. So smooth and shiny. I recommend this polish over all of the other polishes in the box. It's just wonderful. 

At the beginning of every month after the boxes have been selected the Secret Store opens for a few days with excellent discounts. These are the polishes I picked up. First we have Wendy from the Rock Candy Nail Glaze.


What a fantastic jelly. This is 3 coats. I love how bright a juicy it is. There is a little VNL (visable nail line) but  it's not as noticeable in person. 


It's interesting the swatches I've seen online make it look like colored water, but that not the case at all here. I seriously recommend checking out these polishes. I know I am not going to purchase the rest of the collection the second I can. 

Next up we have Sally which came in a Brights set. Sally is a nude polish with a hint of white peach base. 


The polish photographs really strange. It looks a lot like make up, but it's not that yellow in person. I did feel like I had something similar to this polish already, so you are going to see a comparison post in the next few days. 


You can certainly see the peachy base to the polish when it photographs though. 

Next we have Korin. A beautiful bright lime green. 


Korin is the reason I bought this kit and not a different one. I loved this green. Sadly I have a few like it in my collection, but of those, I like this one this best. So when I do comparisons of Sally I'll be sure to thrown in Korin as well. 


I love how bright it is. But it does have the ability to stain, but it's light. So I would double up on the base coat just to be safe. I really want to put a matte top coat on this.

Lastly we have Eden. This polish is a very rich purple, perfect for Fall. However, when photographed...


It looks blue. Strange I know. It's also not as streaky as it appears. 


All in all I'm extremely happy with all of my purchase. My Julep collection is expanding quickly. I'm going to need more space soon. Hope you guys have enjoyed all of my Juleps today. And in case you want to join in on the fun, here my referral link!

No comments:

Post a Comment