Monday, June 10, 2013

MSMD Monday: Ikat

Hey everyone

Today I have a special mani for you. Today we are featuring an Ikat design. Funny enough I discovered I'd been mispronouncing it. I've been saying it eye-cat. It's apparently ee-kaht. Go figure. I was going to look for a Youtube video to feature an Ikat design on Youtube Tutorial Tuesday, however I couldn't find one as good as Kayla's tutorial on her blog. Who am I talking about you ask? Kayla at KaylaShevonne. She did a picture step by step tutorial that's fantastic.


Polishes Used: 

  1. Salon Perfect's Bellini
  2. Art Deco Long Brush's White
  3. Salon Perfect's Black
  4. An unnamed blue polish by Sweet T Lacquer (Tara's Nail Polish aka Me!)

I love it! I've seen this design before and never really was that interested in it, but it's a design I haven't tried so I had to at least attempt it. Like I said Kayla's tutorial is fantastic, so I really didn't have a problem attempting this design. Here tutorial is HERE I recommend trying it out if you are at all interested in Ikat. I hope you enjoyed today's mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment