Friday, June 7, 2013

May Julep Maven Polishes

Hey everyone

I have the polishes for May's box to show you today. If you remember I got the Modern Beauty box so I didn't actually get polish, but I did get 2 add ons. I ended up getting 2 of the 3 polishes from the May It Girl box. I got Coco which is described as a Oxblood Creme. And I also got Paris which is described as a multidimensional holographic glitter top coat. I almost didn't get Paris because it looked similar to Oh Canada and I ended up strongly disliking that polish. However, I was totally wrong.

First up is Coco. I had to have this because on the description. 


Wonderful! It's a little streaky at first. This is 2 coats without a top coat. The 2nd coat is what really makes this polish. If covers up any streaks and really gives it that shine. 


The formula is also fantastic as well. Once you get past that first coat, which could easily be corrected with one thick coat. 

Next up we have Paris. I added it over the swatch of Coco.


Yeah this polish is nothing like Oh Canada. I loved it. This is 2 coats.


You don't have to fish out any glitter at all. It comes with big and small holo glitter. It would probably look better over a cooler color instead of Coco, but it's pretty nonetheless.

I was 100% happy with these polishes. They were fantastic. My only thing was why are there Swatch Me Stickers on top of the bottles. The brush is attached to the top. How exactly are you supposed to swatch the polish on the sticker on the lid with the brush that's attached to the lid? :) Did you guys enjoy your Julep boxes for May? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment