Friday, June 21, 2013

June Julep Maven Box

Hey everyone

Today I have a post regarding the June Julep Maven Box.



I never seem to have luck with makeup, I am the color of paper so finding foundation and things of that nature that match my skin tone can be hard work. Julep came out with their DD Creme which is supposed to be the newest thing on the market. I was so excited to try this make up out. They had a shade that looked like it would work with my skin tone, so I switched to Modern Beauty and got the Foundation and Concealer combo.



I also added Char from the It Girl Box and Kennedy from the Classic With A Twist Box. 



I got off work and immediately used my makeup when I got home, that's how excited I was. Below is my email that I sent to Julep after using it.

I wanted to send a notice regarding the June Modern Beauty Box. I was very upset. To begin with the containers were only half full. One would assume that with the cost involved (and the fact that the Modern Beauty box says 2 full sized beauty products) they would be full. I put it on my skin and it spread. Not in a good way. It became water-like and left a streaky mess. The final product was my face was caked with makeup and I'd only used maybe 2 dollops the size of my finger tips. The pictures on your website show how it smooths the skin out and completely blends in any facial blemishes. All this did for me was turn my normal complexion yellow and leave my skin dry and itchy once I removed the makeup. Which I did immediately. I haven't used my Julep subscription in almost a year. But the last few polish collections and make up collections gave me hope. This box has all but turned me off. I will not be purchasing a Modern Beauty box if this is the kind of product that comes with it. I was so happy with Char. However, the make up makes me completely regret spending $19.99 on them, when I could have got the other 2 polishes in the It Box instead.


That is a baby wipe I used to clean my face off. Now when I sent this I had no idea of the uproar that was going on everywhere else. I went on Instagram to post a picture of my swatches of the polish (I actually deleted the photo of the DD Creme on my face because it looked awful) and saw that some people were upset. After getting on the Julep Facebok page I saw that I wasn't the only one complaining. In fact most people who received a light box were very upset. Fast forward to June 11th and I got a response from Julep. To make up for everything that were gifting me 2000 Jules so I could purchase a free Julep box in the future. I was completely shocked. I never anticipated getting anything in return. I just wanted to voice my frustrations and let them know that this kind of product was not acceptable. Julep's customer service has completely blown me away. They went above and beyond to make me feel like they valued my opinion. I may have trouble from time to time (more on that later), but they never fail to assist me.

And now we have the swatches! First up is Kennedy.


Kennedy is supposed to be a Khaki color. The swatches on the website show it as a very soft shade. This was very yellow as you can tell. It gave me a major case of lobster hands.


I wasn't really sold on this polish. And after the whole mess with the make up I was not excited for Char. Well, that is until I put a matte topcoat on Kennedy.


It may be a strange yellow color, but when it's matte it has something extra that I can't quite put my finger on. The formula on Kennedy was fantastic. Very smooth and shiny after 2 coats.

Lastly we have Char. This polish. I adore this polish. If I could have gotten a box filled with Char then I would be happy.


It's so rich and shiny. I cannot get over how beautiful this color is.


The formula was amazing. 2 and a half coats later we have this masterpiece. And just wait until you see it with a matte finish.


It's completely to die for. I got so many compliments on this shade. It's beautiful.

Now, I realize this wasn't a completely happy Julep post, however, due to their customer service I would completely recommend Julep to all of my girlfriends. If you would like to sign up for Julep you can use my referral link <HERE>. I hope you enjoyed my swatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment