Thursday, June 6, 2013

May Julep Box

Hey everyone

I have had a Julep account for almost a year now. I've posted some of it before, but I haven't been getting a box. I've been going in and skipping the boxes. Usually I get an email that reminds me. Something happened and either I deleted it or I didn't get it, but I actually missed the cut off for May's box in April. So I went on Julep's website to see which box I would be getting and I loved what was in it. I checked my bank account and nothing had come out. Turns out I had an old card on file and it never processed my box. I was very sad at this point. I actually wanted a box for a change and couldn't get one! So I emailed Julep's customer service and asked if I could still order the box. I also wanted to get my Jules as well because I was half way to a free add on. They let me! Their customer service was so fantastic. They completely went above and beyond. I told them which box I wanted, which add ons I wanted (so I could pay the add on price instead of the full Maven price) and which card to use. They did everything no questions asked. I am so pleased with their level of assistance.



I got the Modern Beauty box. This is the makeup only box that replaced with previous American Beauty box. It came with mascara, sugar lip scrub, and lipstick.



Now as far as I was aware you are supposed to recieve 2 full size beauty products. These lipsticks are about the size of my pinkie. Granted you do get 3 different ones, I still was disappointed. The lipstick was the only reason why I picked this box. Lady in Red is amazing. I've never been a fan of red lipstick, but this one is just amazing. I really hope they start selling it full sized, because I need more.



This is the sugar scrub. I love the container so much. I've also never used a lip scrub before so I was curious as to how it would feel. When I opened the container I smelled something very similar to my coffee creamer, which I was not happy about. It's almost too sweet to smell. I put it on using my finger and aftewards my finger was so greasy I had to wash my hands. Normally I can just wipe it off on a napkin, but there was no getting this stuff off without a little elbow grease. Maybe if I buy a lipstick wand I'll enjoy it more.



This mascara. Wow oh wow. This mascara is amazing. I don't even know what it is about it that makes it so great. I have short lashes and this mascara makes my lashes actually stand out. I love it so much. My eyes are kind of sensitive and I have to be careful with mascara because they can make my eyes itch. Not this one. I don't even have a problem with clumping. I seriously recommend this mascara to everyone. It's amazing. 



This box also had some cute little bobby pins that came with it. I love the roses on the end. I just wish they had something on the end of the pin, they can be very sharp. 

I also got 2 bottles of polish that I'll feature in a separate post. This month's box was wonderful, sure it wasn't perfect, but I'm also kind of picky. This box restored my faith in Julep boxes. I had been debating on cancelling my subscription in all until I got this box. Now I've got May's box as well and I couldn't be happier. Hope you guys enjoy your maven boxes.

If you aren't a Maven please use my referral link HERE and use the code FREEBOX to get your first box free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment