Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Youtube Tutorial Tuesday: The Lorax

Hey everyone

I have a real treat for you today. This mani is actually a live update. There's 40 minutes left of Tuesday, I just did this mani and am currently still wearing it. I also really don't like the way these turned out. Typically I'm pleased with everything. Not so much this time around. And it's of no fault of the artist. I suck today. :P Today's video comes from TotallyCoolNails.



The video is wonderful. I love the way her nails turned out. I think my biggest problem is she is using paint and I'm using polish. And my striper is getting old, I need a new one. 



So much smearing. I'm really disappointed by these. And I though the trunk of the tree looked so great. It's the top of the trees. Look at my middle finger! That's like some Chucky Finster hair. 

Polished Used:

  1. NYC's Tudor City Teal
  2. NYC's Midtown Mimosa
  3. Zoya's Jancyn
  4. Kiss' Pink
  5. Kiss' Lilac
  6. Art Deco Long Brush's Black
  7. Orly's Snowcone
  8. OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Wales
  9. Orly's Prince Charming
I'm also going to include some full swatches of Jancyn. 


These are some old swatches. Look at that old watermark. I also got this color on sale. I thought it was Arizona when I first grabbed it. Then I saw it wasn't, but was still on sale. Close enough for me.


I will say it can stain a bit, so always make sure you were a basecoat.

What do you guys think? All right comparison or epic fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment