Monday, April 22, 2013

MSMD Monday: Hungry Hungry Hippos

Hey everyone

Today I bring to you a design done by Jacki at Adventures in Acetone. She did these Hungry Hungry Hippos nails that I just adore. I loved playing that game as a kid, but I didn't get to play it very often. I was always a little over eager and so I slammed on the little lever causing a lot of noise. I had to recreate these nails for the little girl that never got to play for very long. 


I did do something a little different. To represent the little marbles that they were after I had to attach some pearls for that 3D look. I love how they turned out. The little blue guy is my favorite just because his smile is so cute. 

Polish:

  1. Blue Hippo Skin: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away
  2. Blue Hippo Details: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away
  3. Yellow Hippo Skin: Essence in Be My Sunshine
  4. Yellow Hippo Detail: Zoya in Pippa
  5. Green Hippo Skin: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet
  6. Green Hippo Detail: Zoya in Veruschka
  7. Coral Hippo Skin: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Carribean Coral
  8. Coral Hippo Detail: FingerPaints in MichelTangelo
  9. Base and Eyes: OPI in My Boyfriend Scales Walls
  10. Details: Art Deco Long Brush in Black
  11. Red: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen
Yeah that's a lot of polish, but the end result is totally worth it. Here's the link to Jacki's design: LINKAGE I hope you guys like this weeks edition of MSMD Mondays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment