Sunday, February 24, 2013

What did you say? F..flocking power?

Hey everyone

Every time I went into a craft store and asked for Flocking Power I got the same reaction. Then I got little giggles from the person behind the counter. I went to Hobby Lobby 3 times and Michaels 2 times. Finally I got lucky and found a single container of flocking powder, sadly they didn't have anymore in the store. 

I went home and couldn't resist starting my mani immediately. I did 2 coats of OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then another coat only for adding the flocking powder. I patted it lightly so it would stick better. Then I brushed off the excess. I didn't seem to be very fuzzy so I lightly took the polish and brushed it over some of the bare spots in the flocking powder. And yes this got on the powder but I think the final product turned out great.


It's so white. And it's so soft! It really drives me nuts when I paint my nails and the first thing someone does is touch them. Why are you trying to ruin my top coat?!? So when I went to work with this mani I didn't tell anyone what I'd done. I just showed it to them. Of course seeing their faces as the touched my nails was hilarious. Some people jerked their hand back and some people didn't even notice. 


The key with flocking powder in my opinion is to find a color that matches the powder. Because yes after using my hands all day and having people pet me the fuzziness did wear off on the edges. I expected it and wasn't upset at all. It's powder, it won't stay all day. So the base polish matching the power makes it look completely normal The fun part is washing your hands. Because it clumps up and looks a little strange on the nail, but then it dries and look relatively the same. White does get dirty though. I work in a bank and deal with money which is disgusting so of course the white turned darker after messing with the money all day. But it wasn't a deal breaker for me because no one noticed it. 

The whole time I had my nails like this I thought of Despicable Me!


All in all flocking powder is a total win in my book. I can't wait to get more and continue to try it. It's a super fun way to do your nails that can still be understated and not in your face like some nail art designs can be. I recommend everyone try it at least once!


No comments:

Post a Comment