Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Hi everyone! I have been trying to decide how to I wanted to do these nails. These are based off of the bikini nails by Top Coat It! and the dotted gradient by Amber Did It.




I saw the bikini nails first and then saw the dotted gradient, I knew I just had to combine them. I used Hard Candy in Splendid (which you can purchase from Walmart), China Glaze in Lemon Fizz (I couldn't find it online, I purchased mine at my local Sally's Beauty), and Claire's in Snowball. I used my Bundle Monster Dotting tool and a brush from the same collection. As well as a makeup sponge for the gradient.

There has been a lot of discussion on how to do gradients lately. There have been a few tutorials that have come out and such so I thought I'd tell you how I do mine. I started off with white. Normally I do which ever color I want to be at the nail bed, but in this case I wanted the colors to pop so I did them all in white. Then I took Splendid and sponged it on at the nail bed, heavier at the bed and lighter down the tip. Then I took lemon fizz and blended like Splendid, but leaving some of Splendid visible. Finally I sponged on the white, but then I lightly took it all the way up the nail to blend them together. Lastly I put a top coat on because the top coat will smooth out the blend. I completely love how it turned out and I hope you guys did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment