Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pure Ice Vinyl Remix

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been gone for a while. My nail polish kind of took off on me and I had to make quite a few extra bottles. And having a 1 & 1/2 month old makes doing your nails kind of difficult. But I'm working on it! 

I was lucky enough to receive Pure Ice Vinyl Remix in the mail from Bari Cosmetics (who manufactures Pure Ice). Pure Ice is actually one of my favorite brands. The price is excellent ($1.99 a bottle in my area), the colors are fantastic (Silver Mercedes is the perfect silver stamping polish), and they are at Walmart! I received 2 colors, DJ Spinner (Green) and Vintage Remix (Purple). With the Avengers recently out in theaters it was perfect! (Hulk, duh!)
First we are going to go over DJ Spinner. Isn't the vinyl nail file precious?! 



Now the Vinyl Remix is very unique. It's a crackle polish, which almost every brand out there has done, but no one has done it like Pure Ice. You need 2 bottles, their Plantinum Magic Base Coat and then the bottle of polish. Just looking at the polish you think you're going to have black crackles with a white base. Oh how wrong you are. You start off with your Platinum Magic Base Coat and then add on the Platinum Magic Base Coat.



I did 2 coats to recieve total coverage. I will say this is a fantastic white polish. It's hard to find a white that doesn't leave a streaky mess. After you put on the Platinum Magic Base Coat you apply your polish and that my friends is when the magic happens. It applies black and as it cracks you see green start to poke through. 



Look how bright it is! I love this green. I was very pleasantly surprised. I'd seen the videos of the polish online, but I honestly didn't expect the green to be this fantastic. I was expecting a darker color because the polish looks so dark. But it completely matches the sticker on the bottle. 



I completely love this polish. It is so neat looking. It's crackle sure, but it doesn't do what you expect it to do at all. And I love the bright green, it's perfect for Summer. The above photo shows it with a top coat of Seche Vite. 

Next we have Vintage Remix. Once I saw what the green did I was very excited for the purple. I happen to love purple polish even though it's not my favorite color. I know I'm strange. :)



Each color comes with it's own Platinum Magic Base Coat and the wonderful nail file. I started off with 2 coats of the Platinum Magic Base Coat. 


Then I quickly put on Vintage Remix over top. 



I was a little disappointed with this one, but it's my own fault. Because the green was so bright I expected the same out of the purple. However, looking at the sticker you see it's not a bright purple, it's a pretty lilac color. Once I got over that it wasn't a bright purple I really enjoyed how it looked. 



This is Vintage Remix with a coat of Seche Vite. I don't know if you can tell in the photo or not, but the purple polish has a strange reaction with Seche Vite (for me anyway, not sure if it happened to anyone else). Once the Seche Vite is added it turns into a very very light purple in certain spots like the center of my thumb for example and near my cuticles on my ring finger. It didn't do this with the green polish. It didn't mess up the manicure at all, it was just a strange reaction that's all.

I will say this polish has amazing lasting power. Usually my crackle manis only last a couple of days with Seche Vite. I work on a computer all day and type. I was just starting back to work from maternity leave (which is why my nails were longer than normal). I took a picture of my nails after 5 days.





There was a very small amount of tip wear on the Vintage Remix. But because the Plantinum Magic Base Coat is white the tip wear just shows up as white at the tip of the nail, so it's barely noticeable. The DJ Spinner had a little bit of growth wear on my pink. Other than those very minor things, this polish would have lasted well over 5 days. 

I got a ton of compliments on my nails. Everyone loved the colors and the crackle design. Funny enough I got the most compliments from men. And they were so confused by the crackle design they had to have a detail description of how it worked. 

All in all I completely recommend the Vinyl Remix collection from Pure Ice. Even if you hate crackle polish or are so over crackle polish, this collection will completely renew your love and interest for all things crackle. You can purchase the Vinyl Remix collection at your local Walmart. Sadly mine doesn't have it yet. Once it does you can bet I will be purchasing the rest of the collection. I'm eyeing Rave (orange) the most. 

The Pure Ice Vinyl Remix collection in DJ Spinner and Vintage Remix were provided by Bari Cosmetics.

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for this polish everywhere my walmart does not have them nore do they have them online! I really would like to buy some but I am not finding them on the site any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got mine by requesting it for review. However, it is at my local Walmart. But not in the normal nail polish spots. Mine is at the end of the aisle with a lot of their left overs. So I would check the end caps and clearance sections. Good luck & hope you find it!

      Delete