Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My First Time...with Julie G

Hey everyone!

I went to Rite Aid a while back and of course sift through the nail polish. Typically Rite Aid has some pretty awesome sales not to mention they have the newest collection displays. On this trip I happened to go by a display of square bottles. These bottles were the brand Julie G (Facebook) which is part of Jesse's Girl Cosmetics (Facebook). I've never actually seen these anywhere else and I was pleasantly surprised by the color options. I did have a situation at Rite Aid. They had the bottles with others that were priced $2, however when I got them to the register they rang up at almost $5 a bottle. The bottles themselves are only 10ml whereas a regular sized bottle is 15ml. I felt that paying almost $5 for one bottle, when it wasn't as much as similar polishes, was disappointing. Lucky for me, Rite Aid gave me the $2 price because they didn't have a price tag anywhere that said the $5 amount.


I picked up 2 bottles Chic Cipro I picked up for it's warm nude cream. Most nudes I see are too white or too pink or too cold. Too something. Chic Cipro is very warm and unique, I had to have it.


It seriously looks like butterscotch on my nails. So not exactly nude. But I still love the shade. It applied like a dream with 2 coats. And there's also not a top coat on it, it's super shiny. 


Depending on the lighting it also looks slightly orange. It really is a unique color that I absolutely adore.

The second bottle I picked up is a shimmery blue called Dance In The Dark. In the bottle it has a nice purple glitter. So I figured that the nails would be a nice blue with a purple shimmer.


... Where's the purple? The worst part was I couldn't even photograph the purple shimmer. So sad. I really only bought it for the purple shimmer with the blue base that the bottle showed. Now it just looks like all of the other bright metallic blues that I have. 


It completely looks like China Glaze's Frostbite. It may just shimmer a little more. I can deal with the copycat color. Depending on the color there are times when you can't have enough dupes. The staining however, I could have done without. My nails weren't stained as much as the skin around my nails. Sadly I'm not that great at applying polish with a steady hand, so I live off of Q-Tips. Dance In The Dark seriously stained the crap out of my fingers. I had to put a purple shade on afterwards to try and mask the bad staining. 

All in all it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I've previously spent $8 on bottles I hate so the fact that I only spent $4 and loved one and tolerated the other, I think it was a good day. I'd like to try out some of the glitter shades Julie G has to offer, maybe if they drop the price tag. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment