Sunday, May 27, 2012

Wet N Wild Coloricon

Hi everyone! Today I have 2 polishes that I didn't plan on buying but did just to see what all the fuss was about. At Rite Aid they have the Wet N Wild Coloricon collection. These are pretty much dupes for China Glaze Prismatic collection. I saw swatches of the CG collection and wasn't exactly excited. So when the Wet N Wild Coloricon collection came out I decided to maybe check those out, I was majorly on the fence. I ended up getting them because the price is fairly good at $2.99 a bottle.

The first one I have to show you is Bow In My Presence.


Bow in my Presence is a silver polish that turns bright blue even in normal lighting. It's nice to see a Duo-Chrome that doesn't require a bright light flashing on it to change colors. 


It also has flashes of purple but the blue completely over powers any other colors that may flash up. This is 3 coats and no top coat. There was a tad bit of VNL but I'm pretty sure that's because I didn't let my tips dry and I pulled some of it off. Not an issue with the polish itself. 

The only polish I picked up was called Speak When Spoken To. 

The polish was much more silver than the other. It honestly barely changes colors. It flashes a little bit of blue and a little bit of purple. 


Sadly most of the color flashes show up in the bottle. And it mainly flashes blue on the nail. 

PROS
  1. Great glitter. I love the small shimmer glitters as well has the medium hex glitters in multiple colors.
  2. I'm glad they change colors without the need of a light shining directly on the nails. 
  3. I really like the lids. They have a slight diagonal at the top (that I didn't photograph, crap!) that makes it really easy to hold the bottle against your fingers. It forms to your fingers instead of being a round cap that digs into it.
CONS
  1. They are mini bottles. For the price I can't complain at all, but I wish they were bigger. They are only 9ml and a normal bottle of polish is around 15ml. It seems kind of random to have a big collection for Wet N Wild in mini form. I noticed another collection of theirs was mini too.
  2. After swatching the polishes I had a hard time figuring out which one was which. Both have a silver base and flash blue, purple and pink. One just more so than they other. Why have 2 almost identically colors in the same collection? I guarantee you that if I showed these to my husband he'd say I bought the same color twice. 
All in all I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this polish. I didn't expect to like it because the China Glaze didn't really do anything for me. But I'm glad I took the $6 risk and bought these. I just wish that I would have grabbed a different color, maybe Jewels For Your Highness (the pink one).

No comments:

Post a Comment