Friday, May 25, 2012

Revlon's Watermelon Fizz

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I stopped by my local Big Lots. If you have one in your area and you love nail polish like I do run, don't walk, to Big Lots. They have fantastic deals on their polish. I got Revlon's Carbonite for $2 when it suddenly exploded on the scene and no one else had it. Currently they have Sally Hansen Salon Effects for super cheap. I personally am not a fan of the SH Salon Effects so on my most recent trip I decided to look for Revlon's. Big Lots tends to group 2 Revlon's together for $2. This time was no exception. 



They had their normal colors grouped in and then I noticed a glittery yellow and glittery red in a package together. Upon closer inspection I realized they were the Scented polishes Revlon released a while back. They had a whole group of them in many different scents. I snatched the Watermelon Fizz and the Pineapple Fizz. Funny enough my Watermelon had a Rite Aid sticker on it for $4.79 and then a $2.39 discount sticker. I got both polishes for $2.00 total. Score!



This is my 3 coat swatch of Watermelon Fizz. Now as you can see there is still some VNL (visible nail line). It didn't really bother me so I didn't worry about putting a base color. If you would like a base color I would reccommend going for a bright red like this polish, like maybe Zoya's Sooki. 


See those stickers? :) I left them on to make myself feel better about buying more polish. :P As you can see it's very accurate to the color in the bottle. There's nothing I hate more than buying a polish because the color in the bottle is fantastic and it's a different color on your nails. Now remember this polish is scented. This one was better than Pineapple. It's so sweet and smells just like the tradition artificial Watermelon. It's not too over powering either which is something I always worry about with scented polishes. This one is actually my favorite out of all of the Revlon Scented polishes that I own. So if you're going to try one out and you like red, pick this one up ASAP! Go to Big Lots!

-Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment