Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sugar Spins

Hey everyone

Today's mani is a technique that I like a lot, but would really like to figure out an easier way to do it. Sugar Spins! They take me forever. I'd done them before for my Ugly Christmas sweater nails and this time I wanted to try it a different way.

I started off painting my nails black with Wet & Wild's Ebony Hates Chris. Then I started with my neon colors. One at a time I dripped some onto a lid and started spinning with a small dotter. I occasionally blew on it as well so it would turn goopy faster. Then I draped the strings over the black.


As you can see some of it was pretty messy. I used China Glaze's Rose Among Thorns, Color Club's Yell-Oh, Feelin' Groovy, and Chelsea Girl, and Mrs. Robinson. I put a top coat on it so it wouldn't smug as bad, but going to bed with thick sugar spins was not a good idea. Needless to say this didn't last long. Sugar spins look better without the top coat though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment