Monday, August 20, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do: Pinterest

Hey everyone,

I'm terrible about keeping a set schedule for my blog. I have so many swatches left to still post. Bag blogger bad! Anyway, today is Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday! I found my favorite pin on Pinterest and recreated it. And it took forever to search for the original creator. It made me happy to read that the person who actually did these nails was an professional nail technician and I was able to recreate them without their training. Here's the link to the pin: <Click Me>



China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy has taken off on Pinterest. Everyone and their brother who likes summer neons has repinned a swatch. So when I bought it at my local Sally's Beauty Supply on sale for $4.99 I knew I'd have to use it in my design. And I'm not a fan of yellowish looking gold so I used silver gliter. Sinful Color's Queen of Beauty to be exact. The chevron nail I did freehand with an Art Deco striper and Claire's Snowball as the base. I love these nails so much!

Flip Flop Fantasy can be a little streaky. I found myself having to go over it with 3 coats and the spot checking with a very thin 4th coat. Queen of Beauty has full coverage with 2 thick coats. I was very pleased with the ease of this glitter polish. It is also smooth and not rough like Milani's One Coat Glitters. I topped all each nail off with a coat of Seche Vete to seal it in. So shiny!


All in all this is my most successful MSMD Monday yet! Can't wait to do something for next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment