Saturday, August 17, 2013

OPI Rock Goddess Minis

Hey everyone

Today I have the fall mini set from OPI. This year's set is called Rock Goddess. 


It came with Yellopalooza, Stand In Lime For Days, Rolling Bones, and The Drummer is Hot. As well as a skull bracelet. I got this from my local Cost Cutters for $12.95. 

First up we have Yellopalooza. 


I used 3 coats in the photo but you can get away with 2 if you use thicker coats. The formula was better than most yellow polishes I run into. I think a lot if it had to do with the shade. It's a lovely sunshine yellow and I have the most trouble with pastel yellows.



I did have an issue with it staining my cuticle area and the surrounding skin, but not my nails. Thank goodness for base coats. 

Next up we have Stand in Lime for Days. 


I did not like this polish. It's not bad once you put enough coats on. However this picture is 3 coats and there's still VNL (visible nail line). The first coat was basically green tinted water and the second made it a streaky mess. The last coat was in the thicker side. 


I wish this would have been more opaque because it is a lovely green in the bottle. 

Next is Rolling Bones. 


I'll be honest this polish infuriates me. In case you can't tell this is Number One Nemesis with a new name. If I didn't have NON I would enjoy this polish a lot more but the Spiderman collection was such a huge hit. There was even a mini set which included NON. So it makes me wonder if the minis didn't sell so they just threw it in here. 


This polish doesn't really fit the others anyway. It seems very out of place. This was two coats and applied easily. 



Here are both bottles. Rolling Bones looks like it would be blue right?


Nope they are they exact same. NON is on my middle and pinkie nail. RB is on my index and ring finger. 

But enough of polishes that make me angry. Last is The Drummer is Hot. 


If you are undecided on this mini set you need to buy it just for this polish. Two coats here and I really only needed one. Such a bright yet not neon red orange. I honest don't have anything like it in my collection. 



I wish this came full sized. By the time Fall arrives I think my mini will be completely empty. 

All in all this collection was ok. I enjoyed half of the polishes. Technically three, but Rolling Bones is a repeat. Have you guys purchased this mini set? What did you think?

**EDIT** Turns out the entire collection is repeats. Yellowpalooza is Nicole by OPI's Hit the Lights. Stand in Lime For Days is Did It On Em. Rolling Bones is Number One Nemesis. And The Drummer is Hot is Roll In The Hague. Kind of disappointing that they are all repeats but at least I can get a full size of The Drummer is Hot!




 

1 comment:

  1. your pics made me buy this set. Rolling bones is hesitating but others really attract me a lot! Thnx to your comments. I cant wait the drummer is hot. looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete